What are ceramic braces?
Ceramic braces, which are also known as clear braces, are very similar to traditional metal braces. They are used for the treatment of jaw misalignments and cosmetic dental concerns, such as gaps between teeth or crooked teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, ceramic braces are more closely matched to your natural tooth color, making them harder to notice. At Concerned Dental of New York, we offer ceramic braces and other alternative braces options--including Invisalign® braces --for patients who seek a discrete but effective treatment option.
Why are ceramic braces used?
At Concerned Dental, we may suggest using ceramic braces to treat certain cosmetic issues when a patient prefers a less noticeable alternative to metal braces. Some of the dental conditions that may warrant using ceramic braces include:
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
What does getting ceramic braces involve?
The following steps are a general guide for what you can expect when visiting Concerned Dental for your ceramic braces:
- During a visit with your orthodontist, we’ll check the following to determine whether you’d be a good fit for ceramic braces treatment:
- Your overall oral health
- Your dental concerns
- The severity of your dental problem
- Your personal preferences for types of braces (Invisalign®, ceramic, or metal)
- Then, your orthodontist will attach the tooth-colored brackets directly to your teeth and insert a thin wire through the brackets to help your teeth realign.
- Throughout your treatment, you’ll need to visit your orthodontist for evaluations of your progress and for braces adjustments.
What are the benefits of getting ceramic braces?
Some of the many benefits that you can expect when choosing ceramic braces from one of our orthodontists at Concerned Dental include the following:
- Improves smile and bite
- Helps improve your overall dental health
- Reduces the chance of tooth decay and gum disease by giving teeth appropriate space
- Reduces gaps between teeth and misalignment issues
- Matches the natural tone of your teeth and has less noticeable metal than traditional braces
If you are interested in ceramic braces, visit Concerned Dental. We offer comprehensive dental services for patients in The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Westchester, and Long Island. Our modern and friendly practice is home to a highly-qualified team of general dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and other dental professionals who can handle all aspects of dentistry from one convenient location. To book your visit, call our office at (800) 583-9285 or request an appointment today.